Election Information

Find out everything you need to know to vote for LeVette!

Get Registered to Vote!

Register to Vote Online Get registered in just a few minutes using the Louisiana Secretary of State voter registration website!

Register to Vote In-Person
 Caddo Parish Registrar of Voters
525 Marshall Street, Suite 103
Shreveport, La 71101

Find Your Polling Location
 Know where to go on election day so that you can cast your vote for LeVette Fuller as the next mayor of Shreveport!

Election Day

Tuesday, November 8, 2022    6:00 am – 9:00 pm

Early Voting

October 25, 2022 – November 1, 2022   8:30 am – 6:00 pm (EXCLUDING Sunday, October 30, 2022)

Absentee Voting

The deadline to request an absentee ballot is November 4 by 4:30 p.m.

You can request an absentee ballot online through Voter Portal or your local  Registrar of Voters Office.

The deadline for a registrar of voters to receive a voted absentee ballot is November 7 by 4:30 p.m.
(Excluding military and overseas voters)

Voter Registration Deadlines

The deadline to register in person, by mail or at the Office of Motor Vehicles Office is October 11, 2022.    

The deadline to register through the GeauxVote Online Registration System is October 18, 2022.

For More Voting Information from the Louisiana Secretary of State’s Website

Voting for the Formerly Incarcerated

In Louisiana, if you are not currently serving time in prison, even if you are currently on probation or parole, you can exercise your right to vote no matter what your prior conviction is. YES, FORMERLY INCARCERATED PEOPLE CAN VOTE!

In order to register, you will need:

• A voter eligibility form (obtained from the local probation and parole office at 2525 Youree Dr #300, Shreveport, LA 71104)
• A completed voter registration form (obtained from your local registrar’s office at 525 Marshall St SUITE 103, Shreveport, LA 71101) (note: you can call and ask them to mail this to you)
• a valid identification card (ID)

Frequently asked questions about voting as a formerly incarcerated person:

I have convictions, but they’re misdemeanors only.

I have a felony conviction, and have completed my probation or parole.

Has it been over a month since discharge?
You can register online or in person.

Did you get off supervision within the past few weeks? Either go to the Registrars Office with your the voter eligibility form from your discharge papers -OR- contact VOTE and they will help you! You can request assistance by filling out this form or calling 504-571-9599.

I have a felony conviction, and am still on probation or parole.
Have you been on parole for five or more years?

Were you incarcerated on the charge you’re on probation for?

If yes, have you been on probation for five or more years?

If not, you need to wait until you’ve been on probation for five or more years.

If you’re eligible, obtain a voter eligibility form from a local probation/parole office and bring that to the registrars office  when you register to vote.